Leaders transform organizations. The impact of their success can be felt in the growth and continuity an organization experiences under their leadership or the rapid consequences of their poor leadership. The Knowledge, Skills and Attributes (KSAs) needed to thrive as a Leader are unique to the circumstances they face and vary from what made them successful as Individual Contributors and Managers. What Roles, when consistently utilized, lead to effectiveness as a Leader? What Practices and Behaviors must a Leader develop over time to fulfill the most critical Roles?
These questions have never been answered in the way that KSAL (Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes of Leaders) provides. The KSAL framework is easy to understand, easy to use and born from 100 years of experience in talent management by its authors, and 50 years of research. Practitioners are provided with a reliable resource to find, hire, grow, develop, deploy, promote, give feedback and support teamwork for Leaders. Most importantly, KSAL is instantly applicable to Leaders across all organizations through the following Talent Tools.
Develop It Yourself (DIY) – $65
DIY is a book that is designed specifically to be the “go to guide” for Leaders to develop in the 9 Roles and 35 Practices that increase effectiveness.
Roles and Practices will vary in importance from organization to organization, so having a guide that allows rapid access to what matters is vital. This guide includes:
- The Domain of the Practice
- Why the Practice is Important
- Behaviors of the Practice
- Where the Practice fits in the work of the Leaders
- How to measure performance in the Practice
- What can happen when the Practice is done poorly
- Brain insights from recent neuroscience to help develop the Practice
- A Tune Up Plan
KSAL Sort Cards – $65
Practices will vary in importance from organization to organization.Sort cards immerse decision makers into exercises that put the science directly in their hands in order to determine what is most important in the organizational context.
What Practices are most important to your role/job/function/organization today? What are the Practices that will be needed to support the organization’s future state? These common questions can be answered with the tangible use of sorting cards. The outcome? Solid plans that can be implemented throughout a talent system.
KSAL Placemats – $25- $35
Placemats allow the user to have rapid access to an overview of the KSAL information in easy to access format. Placemats have been designed in several ways to meet your needs and come in both color and black and white versions.
- SIDE A/B – Accessible Overview of the library of Roles and Practices and a Review of Developmental Difficulty of all Practices
- SIDE C/D – User friendly view of how each Role connects to the Practices and identification of the mission critical Practices for success
- SIDE E/F – At a glance view of how all Practices can be leveraged to build your career through assignments accompanied with definitions of Career Assignment
KSAL 360 Assessments – $225
We have developed a comprehensive suite of assessment tools to facilitate Leader development including our 360 Assessment to provide well rounded development feedback that fuels performance.
- The Placemat Highlight Report – The highest and lowest overall ratings of the selected Practices and Roles
- The KSAL Summary Report – Summary of the highest and lowest ratings of the Roles and Practices
- The KSAL Roles and Practices Detail Report – View all of the data with the exception of the written comments. Each Role and Practice selected for the assessment is presented with all of the averages across groups
- The KSAL Written Comments Report – View of the written comments verbatim, without reference to source or position on the organization
- The KSAL Combination Report – Combination of all of the four reports into one
We can be your vendor for implementing 360 Assessments from our KSA (Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes) Libraries, complete with managing the assessment, reporting, and coaching. We can also certify your development staff to have full access to the suite of tools operational control as well as interpret and deliver feedback on reports.
KSAL Hello! Interview Guide – $65
The impact hiring effective Leaders have on an organization is exponential. Everyone wants highly effective Leaders on their team to meet the expectations of stakeholders, customers, and team members.
However, successfully recruiting and hiring effective Leaders is not easy! KSAL Hello! provides you with a comprehensive and easy to use interview guide with all the tools you need to increase your probability of hiring effective Leaders every time. These tools support your ability to conduct four effective interviews that focus upon Culture Fit, Functional and Technical Skills, Candidate Potential, and a primary focus on the candidate’s ability to fulfill the needed Roles, Practices and Behaviors of effective Leaders in your organization.
KSAL Tally Sheets – $1 and Posters – $35
Let’s be honest. Your desk can get messy. When engaging with our sort cards exercises, Tally Sheets provide a clean framework for recording the insights that you discover. Tally Sheets allow decision makers to jump from sorting exercises, to analysis, to action planning and come in both:
- Role Tally Sheets
- Practice Tally Sheets