Managers or Supervisors live in the middle of the organizational hierarchy. Sandwiched directly below the Leaders of an organization who cascade the vision and strategy, and above the Individual Contributors whom they must ensure execute appropriately. This level of Management comes with some of the most challenging requirements for the Knowledge, Skills and Attributes (KSAs) needed to thrive. The KSAs that allowed one to succeed as an Individual Contributor simply do not work anymore as a Manager. What Roles does a Manager need to focus on fulfilling? What Practices and Behaviors must a Manager express that delivers success? How can a Manager develop toward increased effectiveness?
We have answered these questions with a framework that is easy to understand, easy to use and born from 100 years of experience in talent management by its authors, and 50 years of research. Practitioners are provided with a reliable resource to select, hire, grow, develop, deploy, promote, give feedback, and support teamwork for Managers. Most importantly, KSAM is instantly applicable to Managers across all organizations through the following Talent Tools.
Develop It Yourself (DIY) – $65
DIY is a book that is designed specifically to be the “go-to guide” for Managers to develop in the 11 Roles and 30 Practices that increase effectiveness.
Roles and Practices will vary in importance from organization to organization, so having a guide that allows rapid access to what matters is vital. This guide includes:
- The Domain of the Practice
- Why the Practice is Important
- Behaviors of the Practice
- Where the Practice fits in the work of the Manager
- How to measure performance in the Practice
- What can happen when the Practice is done poorly
- Brain insights from recent neuroscience to help develop the Practice
- Development Tips
KSAM Sort Cards – $65
Practices will vary in importance from organization to organization. Sort cards immerse decision-makers into exercises that put the science directly in their hands in order to determine what is most important in the organizational context.
What Practices are most important to your role/job/function/organization today? What are the Practices that will be needed to support the organization’s future state? These common questions can be answered with the tangible use of sorting cards. The outcome? Solid plans that can be implemented throughout a talent system.
KSAM Placemats – $25- $35
Placemats allow the user to have rapid access to an overview of the KSAM information in easy to access format. Placemats have been designed in several ways to meet your needs and come in both color and black and white versions.
- SIDE A/B – Accessible Overview of the library of Roles and Practices and a Review of Developmental Difficulty of all Practices
- SIDE C/D – User friendly view of how each Role connects to the Practices and identification of the mission critical Practices for success
- SIDE E/F – At a glance view of how all Practices can be leveraged to build your career through assignments accompanied with definitions of Career Assignment
KSAM 360 Surveys– $225
We have developed a comprehensive suite of survey tools to facilitate Manager development including our 360 Survey to provide well-rounded development feedback that fuels performance.
- The Placemat Highlight Report – The highest and lowest overall ratings of the selected Practices and Roles
- The KSAM Summary Report – Summary of the highest and lowest ratings of the Roles and Practices
- The KSAM Roles and Practices Detail Report – View all of the data with the exception of the written comments Each Role and Practice selected for the survey is presented with all of the averages across groups
- The KSAM Written Comments Report – View of the written comments verbatim, without reference to source or position on the organization
- The KSAM Combination Report – Combination of all of the four reports into one
We can be your vendor for implementing 360 Surveys from our KSA (Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes) Libraries, complete with managing the survey, reporting, and coaching. We can also certify your development staff to have full access to the suite of tools operational control.
KSAM Hello! Interview Guide – $65
Everyone wants to recruit and hire Managers that add immediate value. However, successfully recruiting and hiring winning Managers is not easy!
KSAM Hello! provides you with a comprehensive and easy to use interview guide with all the tools you need to increase your probability of hiring winners every time. These tools support your ability to conduct four effective interviews that focus on Culture Fit, Functional and Technical Skills, Candidate Potential, and a primary focus on the candidate’s ability to fulfill the needed Roles, Practices, and Behaviors of effective Managers in your organization.
KSAM Tally Sheets – $1 and Posters – $35
Let’s be honest. Your desk can get messy. When engaging with our sort cards exercises, Tally Sheets provide a clean framework for recording the insights that you discover. Tally Sheets allow decisionmakers to jump from sorting exercises to analysis, to action planning and come in both:
- Role Tally Sheets
- Practice Tally Sheets